7/15/10

a few more outgoing messages

OOPs - forgot to attach these to the bottom of previous post. Enjoy! I also put up pictures on facebook!

Here are messages from the last 2 students who needed to write on the blog. Sorry to Ryan & Daniel’s parents, but someone had to be last and they weren’t fighting for the front!! J


Hay Family!
Things are going great hear. All of the kids LOOOOVE piggyback rides, especially when you play tag or race while giving them one. I made a buddy at V.B.S.! His name is Raheem. How are thing over there? Love ya! –Daniel


Dear Mom,

Hey! Thanks for all your prayers and support! VBS is going great! I met up with eric’s buddy shamar, he misses him very much! I am doing great. Hey Ashley, I hope u are staying busy while im gone! Thanks!

Dear Grandma,

Hi grandma! Thank you for all your prayer’s and support! Everything is going pretty well, including vbs! Thanks again!

Hey ken, thanks for the shout out. We are doing good and don’t worry, we wont die! Lol. Cya when we get back.
-Ryan-

From here on out, writing on the blog back to you at home is purely OPTIONAL!. We only “force it” the first time around!! J But in the student’s defense, there is very limited time available to do so!! So, don’t worry, come next week they will talk your ear off all about it!!


Hey Guys! I just wanted to say the boy Adale I told you about actually let loose today haha. You could just see how much fun he was having by the look on his face. It was awesome! I took about a billion pictures with him so you’ll see him when im home. Can’t wait to show you! Miss you guys.
Ry, Rachie called you a jerk. Just sayin. Thanks for writing though, I was waiting for you to do that haha miss you broooo<3 tell Log I said hi and I miss him too. Love you guys, see you soon!

Hey Mrs. Lightbody!
Jack ran into a light switch and he wont put my Neosporin on his cut. I’ve been looking out for him, but he tends to reject it. He thinks he knows everything. Gotta love Jacko. I just thought you should know.
Love Haley J
Ps say hi to bobby for me(:


Hay Family!
Things are going great hear. All of the kids LOOOOVE piggyback rides, especially when you play tag or race while giving them one. I made a buddy at V.B.S.! His name is Raheem. How are thing over there? Love ya! –Daniel


Hey there Mumsy!
I cleaned my cut on my shoulder so I don’t need any Neosporin. So I’m fine J I made a friend at VBS. Her name is Abby and she’s 10. Today I found out that she thinks I’m 29. Well then. I miss all of you guys. And I hope Bobby isn’t having TOO much fun without me. We’re going to an orphanage tonight so that’ll be fun. I’m actually really looking forward to it. I’ll be home soon! Love you guys! -Jack
Ps. I’m actually getting a little darker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... I miss Jamaica. And all of you! I love being able to read all about what you all are doing though. Keep up the good work! And I hope to hear stories and reports from you all when you get back :) I don't think Sunday School will be the same without you all... Anyways, I'm still praying for all of you and I know God will give you the strength to finish your trip out well. As you reach the end, remember to serve and glorify Him with all you are and do, whether it's with each other or with the students and otehr people you get to reach. Oh, and Paige, Elliot, David & Haley, you guys better write me about how your skit goes! ;) Serve well friends.

Love,
Joel

Anonymous said...

Haley!
Guess what? Log and I got to go in the dirty kitchen in the basement of Lafayette Coney Island! It was awesome but I definitely used Purell after ha ha. The guy also did a bunch of those tricks they use to do for us when we were little.

Other than that you're not missing to much here. It's been raining a ton. I got caught in a hailstorm on Sunday while working at Logs house and almost died from the blunt force trauma. Then while driving on the flooded freeway down to Detroit tonight I turned the wheel to the right but the car kept going strait. Not good. Not good at all.

Sounds like things are going well. Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures. Luv Ya!

Ryan G.

P.S.
Rachie- It would probably be wise to stop calling me names while I'm still in possession of your phone :)

Anonymous said...

Hi David & Daniel~
Glad to hear all is going well for you both at the VBS's. David, we'll be praying for your team's skit tomorrow. We'll also be praying for all of the staff & leaders in saying your "good-byes". I can only imagine just how difficult it will be. God's strength be with you all tomorrow for the closing day. God's blessing upon all of you and all of your hard work, may God multiply the seeds you have planted and bring in an abundant harvest. Love, Mom (Kolis)

Anonymous said...

Haley,
Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated. I think I owe you a lunch or something.

Jack Ryan,
I can't wait to hear how you managed to run into a light switch...and if Haley says it needs Neosporin....well then. Thanks for the notes on the blog and I can't wait to compare tans.

Am excited to hear from the entire Jamaica team upon your return home, these pictures, THANK DENA!! have said alot.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey dad, mom, and Paige!
How is it down there? Paige make sure you eat more ganips for mE! :) Im having a great time here cause it is flying bye! haha I love all the pictures that you(mom) are posting! and dad im getting the van done today! ;) Paige, Paige, Paige...i dont really know what to say! how is it down there for you? cant wait to see you!
I miss and love you all! have a fun rest of the week!
Love,
Parker :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Haley!
It's been so exciting to read about what you and the other team members are experiencing. Yes, you are the last of the Gasparotto kids to go to Jamaica but your tender heart will be evident just like it was for your brothers. Remember, give all things to the Lord. It sounds like you have some new "little" friends. I can't wait to see the pix. Your brothers still have their pictures up of them with some of the children. ( I know you will do the same) Sara will be home on Saturday. She is leaving the 21st so hopefully you can see her.
NaKia from the dentist office said to say hi to you as well as Sheroyn and the dentist. They are praying for you too. Remember, try not to say you are sweating, lets just say you are "glistening".....a lot!!! Please tell the girls I said hello and I'm praying for all of you.
Dena and Jessica, many thanks for the blog, and for the pictures. It means so much to be able to see where the kids are and how they are doing.
Love mom (Jo momma to Patrick...)

Unknown said...

Dena & Jessica - thanks for writing about each of the kids individually, encouraging to the kids and to us back here
Paige - I never saw your teacher
Paul - keep up the good work tech guy...they only notice you when things go wrong!
Caleb - saw your dad mowing my neighbor's yard the other day
Patrick - Did you bring the black or pink eye patches this year?

dave kaynor

Anonymous said...

Jack!
You fool! That was ME (Kyla) who told you to say hi to Haley and Rachel and told you not to forget your passport. Oh well, I guess I did kinda sound momish. But that's okay. So today, Friday, I hope you have a lot of fun. It's boring here without you.
-Kyla

Anonymous said...

Hey Caleb,
Can't wait to have you back home to try the new wakeboard.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney,
Hope you enjoyed the kids at the orphanage. Miss you and can't wait to hear all the stories when you get home. Still praying for all of you and enjoy your fun day tomorrow. Keep up your track record for no illness and no injuries.
Mom (Mrs. Konop)

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney,
I know how much you love kids, so I am sure you are having a great time. Mom told me you went to the orhphanage last night. I remember how hard it was to leave there... I cant wait to hear all the stories about Jamaica. You better call me when you get back! I love you.
Megan

Anonymous said...

Rae~
I agree with Ryan you shouldn't be calling him names!! I taught you WAY BETTER THAN THAT!!
Ok, the mom in me just had to say something. I know you do it in fun (I hope).
Can't wait until you get back. I know you will have tons of stories and I won't have to ask pointed questions like I did with Allan and B.

Miss you girl.

Marme

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

Glad to see you met up with my little buddy Shamar!! Wish I could be down there to see him again! If you get to see him again tell him I miss him and still have pictures from when I was there. Hope your having a blast and doing well! You will have to tell me about your trip when you get home! Love you bro!

Eric

P.S. I know Patrick hates this but I'm gonna do it anyways. Ryan G i hope you weren't driving through the Straits of Mackinac. I think you meant to say "but the car kept going straight." lol Just looking out for ya.

Anonymous said...

my dearest lindsay,
tonight me and jordo hung out because we have no friends, we watched remember me and i felt like you should've been there with us...but that okay because i know you are having a much better time in jamacia! i'm really excited that you're gonna be home soon (even though i know you're not) and i can't wait to hear all your stories. love you, miss you, and i'm praying for you!
-savannah(:

Anonymous said...

Well, you all will have your "fun" day tomorrow. Have a great and safe time.

Praying for you as you minister on Sunday.

In Christian love~
Debbie Deman

JROD What up doe? said...

Just for Patrick - We unfortunantly lost both game agaist Bethany tonight. Enjoy your day tomorrow!

JROD

Anonymous said...

Paul,
We are back from Silver Lake. We did pay to use internet on Tuesday and got your message. We have been praying for you and are glad you are having a great week. You didn't miss too much at Silver Lake since the boat we rented died after the first day.

With love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Mom forgot to mention that we tried to send you a message from the lake but it didn't work. :(

About the weak camcorder battery: You can still record if you are near an outlet. Snap the special battery adaptor cord onto the back of the camcorder, plug the other end into the battery charger (with the battery removed) and plug the charger into the wall. Voila!

Missing (and praying for) you,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Mitchie....
Boy, I'm really feeling the urge to go to Jamaica!!!!!! I just LOVE the pics of all the kids....What an awesome opportunity you and all the other teens have!!!! Thanks to Patrick, Dena, Joe and Jessica for giving of yourselves and your time to serve the Lord in this way !!!!!!
I can't believe you got stung by a wasp ....Maclane got stung by a bee on Friday at work...It swelled up and was pretty red....(what am I going to do with you guys?)..We all love you and miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much...Can't wait to hear all the details :o)
Love...
~Your fam :o)