7/14/10

We Will Rise when He Calls my Name....


This is the group singing tonight at MacField Baptist Church, after Patrick preached a message from Matthew 22. Today was a busy, but productive day. Both morning and afternoon VBS's went well. We had slightly cooler weather in the morning and then it rained in the afternoon, which caused game time to be inside. The VBS skit/story today shared the plan of salvation very clearly. Tomorrow we will follow up with each student sharing the Gospel to their group. Pray specifically for courage for the students and for hearts to be open to receive Christ.

Please check my facebook (Dena McGoldrick) for more pictures. We are enjoying your posts to us. Below you will find a few more posts to you. We appreciate your love, support and prayers. Once again, I want to let all the parents know that we have NO ONE who is sick or injured. (Not even homesick!!) The joy of the Lord is shining through each teen. We have been singing a lot on all our bus trips up and down the mountain. Love to all of you at home!!



Dear Beloved Mother, Bodacious Father, and Super Sister,

I’m doing great in Jamaica. I sweat more in three hours of VBS than three hours of boxing! I love the kids and they love me, or my piggy-back rides and cowboy hat at least J I‘m loving this awesome opportunity and really appreciate your prayers. The kids are awesome and MUCH easier to handle than the kids at day camp lol. Anyway, tell everyone in the family I said hi and that I miss MOST of them very much…. Okay ALL of them J ill see you guys in another few days!

Your Intensely Overheated Son

Peter

Dear Mom, Dad, Brett, and Brooke,

Hey Guys! I’m having a great time here in Jamaica. The kids are a lot of fun. Yesterday we went to the Infirmary and fed them dinner and sang to them. It was a good experience for me, to see people like that. It makes me very thankful I am healthy and have a family. Did my package come yet? Haha. Well, I miss you guys, see ya soon!

Brooke- Hey Brooke! Cant wait to see you. Jamaica has been a great experience. Hope you can go next year. I miss you. Say Hi to Poptart for me.

See you all soon

Love Gordon


Dear Mom, Dad Ryan, Logan and Joel (if you’re even reading these haha)

Jamaica is pretty much the most amazing thing ever. The kids at vbs are awesome. I made friends with a little boy named Adale in the morning vbs and hes the cutest kid ever. He almost never talks and he almost never leaves my side. In the evening vbs theres about five or six girls that literally cling on to me and don’t leave all day. They don’t even care that im sweating like a man haha. I love it so much and Im really not ready for this week to be over. I can’t wait to tell you about it and show you all my pictures of the kids! I love you guys, see you soon J

Love Haley

Dear Mom, Dad, Elijah, and Leah

Hey Guys! Jamaica has been great so far. Both VBS’s have been a lot of fun. Both have turned out great so far, I have made a couple buddies which have been a lot of fun. They really have a lot of fun with the piggy back rides. We went to the infirmary yesterday which was a big eye opener but as a lot of fun singing to them. Today we did our skit and it turned out really well, all the practice paid off. I cant wait to come home and see you guys.

Love Caleb


Dear Mommy & Daddio(:

Hellloooooo!!! I miss you both soooooo much! Like so so so so much! Haha.

So far the week has been great! I haven’t been too hot & everyone else thinks theres something wrong with me cuz I don’t sweat. But that’s okay. Haha! I’ve made a lot of friends within the group and also made a lot of friends within the kids at the vbs. I have two little boys that attatch to me in the morning. Travis & Alex… Travis is 6 & Alex is 4. We played catch with the beach ball in the field this morning. In the afternoon vbs a little girl named Jadia always gets a piggy back ride from me everywhere we go. It’s ADORABLE!(: I guess God really does give you the strength for anything. I love it!

So yeah.. were about to go to Wednesday night church so I gotta go but I miss you both! Tell jeff I said hi! And give penny a belly rub for me(:

I LOVE YOU!<33>

Dear Marmy and Pappy,

Oh my word..you have know idea how much I miss you guys! And I know you guys miss my loud voice all the time. But okay soo this is the best trip of my life like you have no idea! Im in love with all of the kids even this one that insists on licking my neck and kissing it! He’s the cutest thing ever and his name is vashan I think I can’t really remember if that’s how you spell it or not. In the morning VBS I have these two kids that stick to me, Ossanya and Michael. Michael is my boy he won’t let me leave his sight even for a second he’s glued to me and gahh I just can’t put into words how adorable he is. Each morning I help him study his verse, and re-learn the motions we taught them the day before! The infirmary was totally life changing. We sang to them like a bajilllion songs and I loved every minute of it. Me and haley at dinner time went into this one room to give them their food and I was like just would you like me to help you eat and Icylin(her name) said yes ma’am because otherwise I will not be able to eat because they don’t feed me and I cant use my hands. So I sat there and fed her, her “sandwhich” and black tea. New topic…I love everything about this country the scenic views to the kids and what not. But I have to go now I love you and miss you all sooo much!!!!
***KIMMMM!!!! I love you girly and you make me giggle every time I read your posts and I missss you and your cupcake self!!
*****BROOKE and SAVANNAH!!!! Thanks for letting me know the fishy died and I was beyond sad like you have no idea I miss you guys and cannot wait for you to come here when its your chance!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY BUT I THINK I’LL MISS THESE KIDS AD ICYLIN EVEN MORE WHEN WE LEAVE!!!!!
xoxo Rachel

P.S. HEARTBREAKER—wow thanks fro being such a good friend and NOT telling her!!! And please don’t go through my phone kk thanks!!!!x

p.s. Mitchel gave me a black eye

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LINDSAY!
it's savannah. the gale family misses you like crazy,,epsically my dad because there's no one to drink his protein shakes! but we're so excited for you that you get to be part of such an amazing experience. we know you're doing a great job there and you're letting your light shine to every single person you meet! i will be at the air-port on monday, don't you worry! i miss you and i'm praying for you. love you best friend(:

Anonymous said...

U-m-m-m-m Daniel? I saw your picture in a skit so I know you got off the plane & you're there. Hello??? YLM ...or, did I miss something??

Anonymous said...

To Kelly and the other "skittles"
First off Sugar has disowned you as a family member for failing to say hello to her the other day. She was super depressed and shocked(as was I) that you missed me the most.
Super glad you found my ole buddy Daniel! Has he been running off during game time, and climbing trees to get gnips? Know you guys are at Fairview so there may not be any good trees, but know that was his favorite thing to do instead of playing duck, duck, goose. Alright, enough of the Brownie soap opera of tears as he misses Daniel. Reminder to not only Kelly, but all of you, especially sophs and juns, as the week finishes, make sure to not stop giving 100%. I know thats something I did my junior year and definitely regret it. Plus who knows maybe you'll never get another opportunity to minister to those kids. Hope you guys continue to press on towards the goal and look forward to hearing more in the coming days.
Brownie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

Prasie the Lord for your deligent work in sharing the Gospel in Jamaica. I love reading through the post seeing how the Lord is writing HIStory through each of you. The impact you are having on the children will change their legacy for the sake of the Gospel.

Paul told Timothy the following as he proclaimed the Gospel in the ministry the Lord gave him. It is found in 1 Timothy 2:1-6:

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.

Keep Running Hard for Christ,
Mr. Mel 8-)

Anonymous said...

So fun to read all your letters to 'home' and to hear you are relating with the kids as well as the people at the infirmary. You impact them in ways they won't soon forget. Shine on!
Ryan,
Are you too overheated to write? Maybe in the pool, or just trying to cool off a bit? Hope you are ministering in your own special way. God has given you a tender heart for people, so keep shining for Him. We are praying for you and everyone there. Miss you! Keep up the good work.
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Kelly and CBC group, its Grandma checking in to see how everyone is doing. Sounds like everyone is having a great trip. I am sure the adults and the children are so happy to see smiling faces and hear and see the skits and singing that you have all worked so hard on. We are all so proud of each of you and looking forward to hearing all about this amazing trip.
I am praying for each of you, keep up the good work.
Love you Kelly,

Love
Grandma Graham
Grandma Graham

Anonymous said...

Hello to everyone,
It's such a blessing to see all your smiles. Sending a special THANK YOU to Chris for safely driving you around all week. Chris, we are still enjoying your canvas painting Eric brought home a couple years ago!! RYAN - Your letter home must have gotten lost in transit. Please resend!!! We are anxious to hear how you are doing. Keep pressing on! Love and prayers, Sue H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly
It's Grandma checking in to hear all the news from Jamaica. How wonderful to have this opportunity to tell others of the Lord. I am so proud of you.

You are really having one great summer this year. Way to go Kelly.

Love,
Grandma Graham

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that God us using this trip to again impact your life, Rachel and all the rest of the team. I pray that by His spirit you all would be changed positively for His Kingdom.

Rae~
sure hope you are keeping slathering on the sunblock! (yeah right!!!)

Looking forward to all the amazing stories you will relate to us when you return home.

Love you tons and miss you equally as much

Marme XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Jack,
Love seeing that smile on your face in the pictures. Loved the picture of you and Haley on the bus (with the harmonica). I'm sorry Haley, hope he didn't drive you nuts with that thing. We miss you very much and continue to pray for you. Saw a little boy (about two) in a store today who reminded me of you when you were little. I am so proud of you and how you continue to run hard after Christ. Finish strong!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok,Rachel, so what do you mean Mitchel gave you a black eye. Did he push you into the pool when you had make up on and it ran???
Do tell...

Marme

Anonymous said...

haley & rachel!!!!
haha i know i already wrote you, but i just love you enough to write another hahaa.
sooo you better be having an amazing time because i miss you so much, i have lots to tell you when you get back. i love you & i'm praying for you guys, be a light to all those people there & don't hide it under a bushel hahaha. i wanna hear all about it when you get back(:
love youu mother & father(:
love ashhh<3

Anonymous said...

Hey Caleb-
Eli is filling your shoes here. He was very excited when it rained on Monday though, i guess he thought he was off the hook .They went out at 5pm. Today Dad worked chris HARD. They made it, we got another heavy rain tonight. Just to let you know the buisness can run without you so you work hard at what your doing and I'll make sure these guys keep going here too. We miss you.

love ya MOM

Anonymous said...

McGoldrick Clan,

Hey its Katie. I wanted to say hi and praying for the whole team this week. Love seeing the pictures on facebook. So glad that things are going so smoothly and pray that is continues. I sure miss being down there.

Paige-
Hope things are going well. I am sure you are bringing many smiles to the kids faces. Praying for you and cant wait to hear all about the trip. The little guy says hi too =:)

Love you guys!!!
-Katie-

Anonymous said...

ELLIOTT.....
First of all I can't believe that you ate that stuff at lunch, I don't ever want to hear you complain about my cooking.
2nd...wheres the YELLOW shirt in this church picture? it got me so confused to see you in Blue, BUT where is "waldo" we couldn't find him at all in this picture. I counted the heads and still no Caleb. Uncle Steve told me I could call the hotel emer. # that Patrick gave out. I thought I better just wait and see if he shows up in any other pictures.
Looks and sounds like everyone is having a good time.
Miss you...Love Aunt Jill

Anonymous said...

To Elliott

Apparently grandmas and kenny is writing to people. We didn't realize you were missing until yesterday you were gone when we wanted something done. (just kidding) Sounds like your having fun, i think Ethan would have enjoyed the lizards!! Parker came over...2 days ago? He said he had more fun w/o you here! Hope your having a good time!

Kyle