7/13/10

THANKFUL for another AWESOME Day!






BRIEF INFO about TODAY: Morning VBS had about 65 children. Afternoon VBS had about 160 children (not exaggerating)!! We ate at Border Jerk for lunch. Evening: we went to the infirmary and sang to the patients there. We also served them dinner. Our students were greatly touched by what they saw and experienced there. We are going into another sharing time right now. Please check my facebook for a few more pictures. ALL IS WELL!! EVERYONE IS HEALTHY!!! God is GREAT!! Read below for notes from about half of the students. The other half will write tomorrow!!!










Dear mom and dad and angie and dog and others,

Jamaica is fantastic this year like I was expecting. My ears weren’t as bad on the plane this time as last year, I’m not sick……yet at least. I haven’t burned and I’ve remembered to take my pills. I like how you put more time talking about how much you like the blog than how much you miss me. Its hot like always in Jamaica but I’m so happy to be back. I might write again or maybe not, but if I don’t you still know that I love you all and am having a great time.

Love,

Abby J

Mother, Father, and Jordooo,

I know this is the exact same thing I said last year, but Jamaica is great and they’re probably going to have to fight to get me on the plane. But I guess you want to know that I got Dawnta in my group again. I don’t really have that much to say so I’ll just tell you about it when I get home. Love you guys, goodbye.

And to Savannah and Brooke: I hope you guys aren’t too lonely without all of us. And thank you for the update if you know what I mean, Rachel wasn’t too happy, but keep us posted! Love you guys.

- Lindsay J

To Dad Mom Kyle Kevin Ian Ethan and McKenna,

VBS is going well, we ate lunch today at a place called Border Jerk, I had chicken and soup with chicken feet and cow skin in it, DELICIOUS, This little boy named Kemar loves riding on my shoulders in between activities. It is very hot but my room is very cold, ethan would love it here because there are a ton of lizards slinking around

-Elliott-

Hey Mom, Dad, Becca, Bobby, and Anyone else reading this,

I have been having a great time here. All has been going well and the kids absolutely love you no matter what. So we had chicken today,,,big surprise.. but it was good. It was at that Border Jerk place. Tonight we are going to the infirmary and I don’t really know what to expect. Oh yeah! My skit went really well yesterday and im so glad that it is over. Eight times in one day is pretty exhausting, but all the work was well worth it. Thanks for all the prayer, it is much appreciated with all of the kids in great need of the gospel. I will talk to ya’ll later! Arianna is out!

-Arianna-

Hey Mom and everyone else reading!

Its great so far, the kids are absolutely adorable and I already want to take them all home. Its going to be hard to get me to leave! It’s also a good thing I am always cold because I don’t even think its that hot here, but the food is a little rough… Lindsay and partly Mitchel tricked me into eating cow skin today…. It was SO gross! I now know to never trust them. But besides that its great to spend a week with everyone(:

Oh mom, btw, I dropped my water bottle down a bunch of cement stairs today and it didn’t even crack! Good thing you made me buy it haha.

To Mom and Mrs. Johnson,

Anna and I are still tying to determine if putting us in a room together was a good or bad idea… we are having lots of fun though and are at least TRYING to stay out of trouble haha. I guess we will find out by the end of the week(:

Alright, we are leaving now! Love you all and cant wait to tell you all about it!

-Courtney

Parker, Mrs Luzod,, and whoever else cares:

We’re here! And its hot. Lindsay and I are the top girl sweaters (we kinda take pride in that)! All the girls are having a blast and getting along well! VBS is going well and the kids are sooooo cute! The Lord is working wonders here and I’m being challeneged, especially tonight when we went to the infirmiry where a crippled lady witnessed to arianna, my mom and i. It was a great experience!
Park-I miss you a lottttt! And alllll the girls are asking where you are…big surprise(: I need you here to help me with something, we can talk about that later. Haha. I hope you don’t look too big of a dork with your braces on..and take LOTS of tylenol before and after the procedure. Do some work on that 5k dude! Boom! I love you and miss you so much!

*PaIgE (:

mama, daddy, matthewww and kimberlyn!

Jamaica is amazinggggg, I love working with the kids at the vbs! Its hot here and has rained Sunday and Monday but not yet today.

Matthew- I found Daniel at Macfield and have him in my color group, I was looking for him the most and asked him if he remembered you and he got a really big smile on his face and said YES! Dena took our picture today and I told him I still have his picture from the year you were there. I think I miss you the most out of everyone at home.

Mom and dad- the braiding ladies came the other night,.andd wellllll…..i didn’t listen to you very well, but I just got the top done and it will come out easily. Rachel says she loves you mom. I miss you mommy dearest and daddy. Im doing fine and feeling good.

Kimberlyn- I miss you girlly, I cant wait to tell you everything and show you pictures!

Well its dinner time so ill see you soon! Cant wait to tell you guys everything!

Love you, Kelly (:

To Whom It May Concern:

Jamaica has been very good so far. All of the newbies have adapted very easily and are doing great! There are many kids that are returning from the AM church.

Jon: Ashley and Adale are both here, and Ashley has asked about you. J Don’t worry, I am taking very good care of her!!

Arielle: I found Devon and he was in my group.

Jessica P.: Shanna is still at the infirmary, she was sleeping and I didn’t get to talk to her.

Noelle: Katia asks about you constantly and she misses you terribly.

Mom and family: I have been putting on sunscreen every morning and am doing well. I hope you boys aren’t missing me too much. ;) I hope you all have a great time up North. Peter and Daniel, keep going on summer school!!!

Overall, VBS has been very good. We had to limit the kids a lot an I had to turn away at least ten kids today, which was heart-wrenching, but the result was that the group listened a lot better and I know we will be a lot more effective in the end. We went to Border Jerk today for lunch, and I ate a chicken toe. It was fine except I didn’t realize that you weren’t suppose to eat the bone……

Please keep praying that we would keep the focus on the Gospel and not get distracted. The Lord has blessed us with good health so far. To everyone else, there are many of you I miss and I cannot wait to see you when I get back.

With much love,

BeccA

To Mamma,

Jamaica is hot. Vbs is going very swell. There were 180 kids on the first day, and 200 on the second day. We were only supposed to have 80 kids. Whoops :D

Love Mitch & Jack

Mom and Dad Wiegand & Nothdurft

We love you soooo much and we thank you for your prayers!! We are doing wonderful. God has provided for our every need! We are both so happy to be here serving. Love YOU! Miss YOU!!

Jessica & Joe

Cornerstone Church Family,

Thank you for your support! Your faithful prayers are what brings us through this trip. We love being in this family! God Bless!!

Jessica & Joe

Uncle Mel,

Love you and thanks for he encouragement!

Jessica & Joe

Hey Yo-yo ma, dad, my bros, aunt Ann, and to everyone else praying for us,

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your words of encouragement, they mean so much. Jamaica has been so great and these VBSs have been wonderful, It has been such a blessing to go on this trip with such great people, and to love on these kids who are so easy to love on. As sad as it was not being able to make it last year, it has become more obvious to me over these few days that it was all God’s plan and that there was a reason for it all.

I ask that you would just pray that with all the business we wouldn’t lose sight of the fact that we are here to show these kids God’s salvation and his plan for them, and pray that we would have so many opportunities to show that. Also please say an extra prayer for Haley, Elliot, Paige, and me, on Friday for our skit, just that we would know our lines and that the gospel message would be clear and well received.

Love and miss you all,

David

Hello mom, dad, matt, Laura, Katherine, and Amy

It has been an awesome trip so far, I have had a great time even in the heat. The VBSs are going well and the kids are loving it. Thank you all for the prayers, but if you could pray not only for me and the group but for the electronics, projector, ect. The have not always been doing so good.=D

Dad I have taken some shots and the look ok but your battery that’s really old works for like 5 minutes so…. Ya its fun but the date/time lights are staying off.

Mom I love you and miss you. You also did a very good job making sure I had everything, I thank you.

Matt I do not know what I have done to earn this right but the sound and other stuff does not like me and keeps not working but we have lived so far.

Laura, kate, amy I can not wait to see you guys when I get home have a good week at silver lake.

Hope to see you all soon

Paul

P.S. tell the cousins I said hi if you get this before you get back home.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great it is to hear all these positive comments from all you kids, plus Joe and Jessica! God is using you in ways only He knows. You impact lives for Him when you least expect it. Keep showing His love! Prayers going up and answers coming down! (:
Hi Ryan! Glad to see you showing love for that little guy! You are a caring guy. Keep shining God's Light!
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

So, Rachel, how did your skit go. I don't remember you telling me what day you had for it. How was the lion mane? Did you roast?

Can't wait to hear from you.

Love,

Mom (Deman)

Anonymous said...

Howdy to David & Daniel, and all the CBC crew!! This is so cool to see you all posted on this blog and to get your photos and updates! It sounds like you all are pretty busy. We are praying for you and definitely for the skit on Friday.

Glad I'm your dad .... we love you guys. - Dad

PS. David, I heard someone use the word "pernicious" on the radio today ... we just made another buck!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing this blog is with Dena's pics and being able to see the joy in both our leaders and youth as well as the kids you are ministering to. Pour your love into all you have been blessed to serve and take every opportunity to share Christ. I am so incredibly proud of all of you.
Courtney and Ana, I know you can do it...be each others accountablility partner cause you understand each other so well. And Courtney, I know how attached you get to the children and what a soft heart you have under that "tough" exterior (lol)so just ask the Lord to give you the strength to let go when it is time and make the most of the time you have with them. Remember, always look for open doors to share the gospel.
Thank you Patrick, Dena, Jessica and Joe for your willingness to take 20 teens and change their lives. I am so grateful for your ministry.
Much love and prayer,
Sharon Konop

Anonymous said...

Ok, I went back and was reading the blogs again and I was reading Paige's blog and she was sharing how her and Lindsey were the top sweater girls. I just have to tell you Paige that I was thinking that you and Lindsey were wearing sweaters and wondering why in the world you would so something so dumb!!!!! And then it dawned on me that you just sweat a lot...got it. Needless to say I was relieved and realized you were sane after all. Luv ya, Lindsey and Paige, even if you sweat a lot. Yes, I am so dense sometimes...and you don't have to agree Courtney.
Mrs. K

Anonymous said...

Dena~ Let me first say you are doing a fantastic job with pictures and keeping us updated! We appreciate it sooo much!! We're really glad to hear that everything is going well.

Lindsay~ I definitely miss you!! I gotta say, I don't like being the only girl around here. Especially with the "boys of summer" filling our backyard once again. Nice to see your note home! Of course you know you left me with another 50 million questions! That's okay . . I will take you to lunch for the whole story! :) I'm happy for you that Dawnta is in your group. That must have been a very happy reunion for you two!

I hope your skit goes well later this week. You really worked hard this year and I'm sure God will be glorified in your presentation. I will be praying for your group.

Paige, my other daughter, so sweet of you to write me! Not surprised to hear that you and Lindsay have the "Sweatiest Girls" title! What a proud moment!

Courtney, once you get over it, you will enjoy telling the story of eating cow skin!! Good thing you could wash it down using that big pink water bottle!

Praying that many children would hear and believe the gospel this week!! What an opportunity you have to carry his message and touch so many lives in such a short time. Make the most of every opportunity you have!!! Praying for all of you!

Love, Mom (Luzod)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well with you all! I love the updates and the pictures. I have such great memories of Jamaica and I'm glad you guys get to be a part of the ministry we have there.

That being said, it wouldn't kill you to leave a couple hours later next time. There were a couple moments on the drive home where I contemplated drifting off for a few seconds and accepting whatever consequences came as a result.

Haley- I've been doing my best to hold down the fort. Dad sold the couch in the basement so I now when I watch Disney Channel down there, I'm not only alone, but also lying on the cold hard ground. All I need is a couple of cats and I'm set. Miss you.

Rachie- I didn't have the heart to tell Lia that you were too lazy to make the friendship bracelets for the terminally ill children at the camp she's going to. I'll let you explain that one to her... and everyone else who is reading this.

Mitch- I trust you're surviving with your thumb. Not because you're a tough kid, but because I'm pretty sure you're faking it for attention. Ha ha. J/K brother. Lead well.

Patrick and Dena- What can I say except that you guys are the best and have meant a great deal to not only me, but to many students throughout the years. Thanks for all you do.

Come back alive!
Ryan G.

Anonymous said...

Abby,

I'm glad to see you were able to get your hair braided again this year! I'm also glad to hear your ears didn't bother you as much on the plane. I am, however, EVER so sorry I didn't spend what you felt to be an adequate amount of time expressing sufficient sadness regarding your absence. ;)

Angie says, "Sorry, I don't really miss you all that much yet. But, don't worry. I still love you. Hope you have fun!"

Dad says, "I really miss you, and so does Smidge. I think he slept in your bed the other night. (We had a storm, and I found him upstairs, coming out of your room when I left mine to go to work.)"

Seriously, we love you Sweetie! Continue to take care of yourself, and know that we are continuing to pray for you!

Mom, Angie, and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey guys:)
It's so awesome to see the pictures Dena put up! You all look like you're having a great time, as well as all the adorable Jamaica children hanging on you! I'm still praying for you all the time throughout the day. What a amazing opportunity it is to go there & radiate the Lord somewhere were that's so uncommon!
Paige-i'm freaking out for Friday, i haven't done any speed work all summer so Parker's going to unfortunately show me up bigtime:(.
Lindsay-i will definitely keep you and Rach updated, but so far ..nothing. Oh, and i saw a rollerblader today! I laughed & thought you!
Rachel-Roomie! I hope you're having a wonderful time, i miss you dearly.
Gordon-we dropped trevor off to hang out with lil Brett, and he (Brett) won't admit it but he already missed you..he's bored haha. aw.
Everyone else-the pictures of you sweating.. very attractive.

Hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the week! Continue to let you're lights shine! :)

Love, Brooke:)

Unknown said...

Hey Mitchie -

Where are we going?..... we are on the road to the district championship.

Kolis - I hope you are having a blast L.O.M.L.

I'm praying for all of you -

Big Beezy

Anonymous said...

Hello little brothers and sisters,

Thank you so much for giving up time in your summer to serve like this. You guys are all incredible and God is going to use you for big-big things!

Rebecca- my sweet beautiful sister, keep running hard babe. Love on those kids with all the love your heart has because I know it's enough to fill all of Mo bay and more. Hope you are having the time of your life.

Daniel- Nose bleed buddy...hope the high elevation ride to McField isn't causing any problems for you! I will tell you this though, my friend, when you feel the wetness on your forehead and head...Ryan and I had nothing to do with it this time and yes, David has it too. "Shut up Daniel, they got you too!" Have a blast and shine for Lord!

David the Cucumber (since you are on a missions trip, I will spare the other nicknames you've acquired) I'm praying for your "S" prayers. Hope they are going well. Take care of that knee...makes me a big sister nervous seeing you wear the brace and yes, I know...it's precaution. Love on those kids without limits...they surely could use it!

The rest of you all...I love all of you and I'm so thankful for you. Keep running hard. Make sure to read the Word and pray tons. I know in my experience I tend to not to do those as much on missions trips but it's when you need it the most. The devil is roaming around like a lion waiting to devour someone who is accomplishing what he is against and is weak and not ready. Don't be that person.

On that happy note...have a great Wednesday...wow that came fast! :)

Anonymous said...

Mitch..
The fam was praying for you all and it was Makaryn's turn...
Makaryn "God, Please take care of Mitchie and help all the kids in Jamaica to know you and love you...Help them, God"...(Sounds just like her) We all miss you soooooooo much. Keep letting your light shine :o)
Dena...Thanks so much for the updates and the pics...We love them!!!
Love,
~Mom :o)

Anonymous said...

Good Day to each of you,

I came across in my devotions this morning 1 Timothy 1:15-18: The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare,
holding faith and a good conscience.

Remember the words Paul said to Timothy and to display Christ and battle well for the sake of the Gospel.

We are fervently praying for each of you. That you would proclaim the Gospel with all your might.

Keep Running Hard for Christ,
Mr.Mel 8-)

Anonymous said...

Caleb, I think we've finally figured this thing out! What's a blog anyway? I thought that was something they had in the middle of Lake Ann? Mom's tried sending you a couple messages so we haven't forgotten about you, just weren't doing it quite right. Nice photo of you and your riders. Looks like you're having fun. Please try and enjoy every minute and make the most of your time there. Don't worry about your business, it looks like Elijah is about ready to take over! We're really proud of you buddy and praying for you all. Love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey David, enjoyed your post. Talked with Aunt Ann this morning and guess what she said? She said to tell you to be still and know that He is God. Is that a confirmation from my post from yesterday, or what? God is persuing all of you there! I pray that all of you are eternally changed from this experience.
You're all in my prayers! Can't wait to read more of all of your posts and especially to talk to you all about all of your encounters with God this week. Do all for His glory & His kingdom, Love, Mom (Mrs. Kolis)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitchie Pooh...Its your sis Shelley..just wanted to say hi and im praying for you..Addi wants to know where you are..lol..cant wait to see you when you get back.. love,shelley,Addi and Rico

Anonymous said...

Hey guys(:
I saw the pictures Dena put up and it looks like you guys are having an amazing time and the kids hanging on you are soooo adorable.
I'm praying for you guys! Have fun and leave a mark on all these people.(:
love you guys
<3 ash

Anonymous said...

Awee you all look so great in the pictures and it looks like you're having an amazinggg time! I can see you've got your hands full and I see sweaty shirts so I'm guessing its a scortcher down there haha. But KELLY I miss you too! I passed your house the other day and I wanted to text you to say "Get ready" but then I was like wait... nevermind. But looks like you're getting a legit tan... you are gonna start matching those little kids soon ;) Haha and Rachel you look like a beautiful cupcake in the pictures! You don't even need the cherry on top :P
Only 5 days til you all come home! Michigan misses your smiling faces :) Talk to you soon!

Love,
Kimberlyn

P.S. I like how in every picture everyone is so happy and has such a big smile... it shows you guys are having a blast while sharing the Word to all those precious little kids! Keep it up :)

Heather Stevens said...

Paige! I'm hurt that you didn't write me. I expect to hear from you SOON!
:) just kidding.
guess what? I start my job today:) WOOT!! anddd..kristina got a job at the same place haha! it's gonna be so much fun!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip !
Love you :)
--Heather--

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe and Jessica,
Psalm 33:6 "By the Word of the Lord the Heavens were made and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth."

He is the Star-Breather..... and He knows our name!

May His name be glorified! ox Mom and Dad Nothdurft ox

Anonymous said...

Ohh..Miss Kelly you listen so... well. Thats okay we don't have your date for pictures made yet. Glad to hear and see ( love the pictures) your having a good time.
Keep up the good work. Praying for you guys.
Love you
Mom (Brown)

Anonymous said...

Jack,
It is so quiet around here without you. Bobby has moved into your room and made a few changes. He did mention that we seemed to have a lot of pizza left uneaten last night at dinner....
I keep checking out the pictures to see if you are sunburn yet and Bobby says you are still pale (a good thing). Thanks for your note on the blog.
I miss you.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter we miss you around here. Hannah keeps asking us when you will be home. Looks like they are keeping you busy and you seem to always be smiling in the pictures. Praying for you.

Dad, Mom and Hannah Relph

Anonymous said...

Dearest Arianna, you are prayed for and loved. I am asking the Lord to reveal Himself to you in a way that you have not experienced before. I pray that you really see the big picture of the gospel and how to really love people to the Lord. Your heart is tender and so ready to let Him work. Look for Him everywhere in your experiences this week. Glad all is well, so far. I love you sooooooo much!!!!! mom
p.s. your shoes came on Tues.!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan!!! We miss you and hope you are doing good. Glad to hear everyone is healthy and all is going well. Have you been able to connect with Shamar? And Omar? Tell them HI for Eric. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. We are praying for all of you. Hope your skit goes well. Finish strong. Keep focused on the Lord. Love, Mom
P.S. Thanks, Dena, for all the updates and pictures and thanks to all the leaders.

JROD What up doe? said...

Everyone enjoying today?! Hope all went smoothly for ya'll today.

First, the Nation League won their first All-Star game in 13 yrs, and Brian McCann (ATL Braves C) won the AS game MVP.

I thought the following song is relevant to this week: HAppy Day by Tim Hughes. Don't forget that moment in all your lives.

Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed

And I prayed for the following:
Jack - I was so extatic to see you at the airport on Sunday! I know you are lovin on those kids soooo much. BTW, being pale is not a problem (until Saturday)

Lindsay - I have known you and your family forever and it has been an honor! Hoping your week is as impactful as last year's trip.

Paige - This is your first "real" trip to Jamaica. And although that you have been there earlier in your life, I pray that you get to experience new things daily.

Caleb - All I can say is that I was also extatic to see you going on this trip Sunday morning. And I know you won't just leave your experiences in Jamiaca, but be bringing them home as well!

Abi - Glad to see how you are taking advantage of the possible 3 yr experience. Continue the good work

Peter - My fellow TITAN! I know one of the last few years your job didnt allow you to go on BASIC. Im glad that things worked out for you this year and I pray you can go back next year!

Hope everyone's health, energy, and soul is rested and going strong!

JROD

Unknown said...

Hey Jamaica group,

This is Dave Kaynor writing to you live from the offices of Cornerstone Baptist up here in Roseville. Remember what happened last Wednesday here? Everyone was DIRTY and now you are all SWEATY. Speaking of the sweaty girls, Paige, I ran into your math teacher and he said he is concerned about you and your math next year so since I am not there you and Joe Noth, better make that you and Lindsey had better break out the Geometry book instead of heading to the pool.

Speaking of the pool, loved the picture of Elliott in the pool with all the guys. It looked like he was about to drown...if not drown, somebody (cousin Caleb perhaps) had an easy opportunity to dunk him.

OK, I think the picture where rachel, dan, kelly and mitchie are pointing at everyone needs a caption so here is my guess..."We've got sweat yes we do, we've got sweat how about you?"

Leaders, that's adults and students, keep up the good work!

dave

ps Who is taking all the pitcures down there anyway?

Anonymous said...

Leslie & Gordon, grandpa came home Tue. he was chipper and is excited that you both have this opportunity. Smo, I clean more and shop less when you're away. I miss ya! It's set, the Polynesian in Sept. I love seeing the pictures and hearing about how you all are doing. We are praying for continued strength and a Christ-like attitude for you all.
Love,
Mom & (Dad too)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindz, hope your having fun in the sun because I just got done cleaning up your mess in the basement, thanks. I've been pretty bored at home and I can't wait to see you come home. Grow spiritually, help paige with her math, and have fun!!

Love Jorddoooo<3:)

Anonymous said...

ryan and caleb-just thought i'd send a message to my band mates to wish ya good luck on the rest of the trip and to stay outta trouble.

haley-just wanted to say hi, i hope your having a good time and learning alot, just dont die okay :)

ive been prayin for you guys

-ken

Anonymous said...

Arianna, We love to hear that things are going so well. We are praying that your week will finish strong.

Love, dad/mom

Anonymous said...

I keep waiting and waiting but still no note from my lovely daughter

SIGH :(

Perhaps Thursday I will get a happy greeting from RLD. I will be so thankful she thought of me and wrote about some of her time in Jamaica.

Marme

Anonymous said...

Hi guys....praying for you..sounds like you all are having a great time..Miss you all- Keep up the good work... Love Mama Mahloy